ACBL District 21
Let's Play Duplicate Bridge
D21 follows the ACBL Conditions of Contest for all regional events
D21 elects the follow options, as allowed in the ACBL CoCs:
1) In knockout team events, a team will not be paired against a previous opponent until as late a round as possible.
2) When a knockout team event advertised as bracketed draws only one bracket, the event will be handicapped.
3) ACBL Mid-Chart conventions will govern bidding and playing methods in the following events:
a) The top bracket of multi-day knockout teams provided all teams in the bracket have an average of at least 1500 masterpoints per player
b) All Open (unstratified) and Flt A/X events of 2 or more sessions.
Note: Stratified events, Senior events, and Compact KOs are not eligible.
Note: ACBL Mid-Chart allowed conventions vary depending on the number of boards per round. See the ACBL Convention Charts for details.
4) Cell phones, pagers, and other communication devices are allowed in the playing area, but must be turned off at all times. Health-related equipment is exempt, as is any device used with the permission of the director-in-charge. Violations may be penalized without warning.
5) All District 21 events are non-smoking.
6) For stratified Swiss team events, team stratifications shall be determined by the total masterpoints of the 4 highest members of the team. This method does not apply to flighted Swiss teams, where each member of the team must meet the masterpoint requirements of the flight, per the ACBL.
(Approved by the D21 board on May 31, 2008)
Updated Mid-chart June 2008
Updated Mid-chart item d., September 1, 2008.
"Any changes to the ACBL Conditions of Contest
Send mail to
site administrator with
questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: 06/11/09